Monday, May 09, 2005

What makes a man?

It is not age. There are a lot of old boys running around. On TV, we see these guys who got rich riding skateboards and playing video games. The lines between men and boys are increasingly becoming blurry. It is not money. There are plenty of poor people who are amazing men, who take care of their responsibilities and do what needs to be done. I think it has a lot to do with responsibility. Learning to be responsible, thoughtful about circumstances and to have initiative, these are some of the makings of a man, an adult.
I feel like I am WAY behind the curve. I need to cultivate better self discipline, and a better work ethic. I can't beat up on myself too much, but I know that I can be doing a lot more than I am doing now.
In any case, that's todays submission.

No comments: