Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Its been a long time

I shouldn't have left you....
You all know the rest.
Let me see, what do I want to share:
1. The world is expensive
2. The youth are amazing
3. Music will change the world
4. Life is what you make it
5. Honesty really is the best policy
6. It hurts but love hard anyway.

It hurts, but love hard anyway.
I was dating this woman for a while, a few months. She and I didn't work out, and I don't even really have anything to be mad about. It wasn't the right time, we are both busy, I have 2 kids...It was a lot and it hurts because we do really care for one another, but it is not going to be. This happened a while ago, but I ran into her on the street briefly and it just made me think. I may have done some things differently, but for the most part I acted the way that I thought I should have. Anyway, it didn't work, and it hurts but I love hard anyway. Be true to your heart.

Honesty
Just don't lie. You don't always have to tell the whole absolute ugly stinking truth, but you should not lie. Trust me, it's a bad habit that is really hard to break. I am used to lying a lot to get out of things, and it's just not a good policy. Better you tell the tuth now, and take waht happens then be found out later and have to deal with that. I would rather someone tell me the truth and hurt me in the short term, rather than lie to me and me find out later.

Expensive
Bills are kicking my ass. I know that bills are kicking a lot of peoples' asses so I won't sit here and complain. At least I have a job, that I am good at, I am grateful for and I enjoy, so i know that I can pay them all eventually, but right now, in the short term, it's a lot. I know too, that money just represents energy and when I find a way to better channel that energy the same way I channel my creative energy, more money will come.
I claim that right now.

Amazing Youth
I went to a show this weekend in Oakland. It was amazing. There was dancig, raaping and singing. I am happy to report that real hip hop is alive and well in Oakland, Ca . The youth have it well in hand. Big Ups to Mr. Know it All. They were at such a high level, I was totally in awe. Anyway keep your ears open for BUMP records. They are doing it movin....

Music will Change the World
Perhaps it is just me. Music alone cannot make people stop being greedy or feed the hungry or help the needy, but it can and does move the human spirit. Moving the spirit is the first step to changing society, so it is important that our music makers create music that is sincere (not neccesarily positive) and from the heart. I don't care if its corrido, rap, salsa, bhangra, or the blues-real music transcends all boundaries and touches all people.

Life is what you make it
This is hard for me to say to people who don't have the opportunities that I have been given, a good family, great education, good community support, etc. But having said that, I will also say this-I know what it is to be poor and to struggle. I have been poor and struggling and I am still broke right now. But I also know that as I lift my head and try to make the life I have for myself in my head real, somehow these opportunities to do more keep presenting themselves. I prayed a while ago that if God would just show me the way, just light up my path for me, I would walk it. I promised my maker that I would do my best to stay on target. I am trying that now, and it seems to be working.
Peace and Blessings lovedones.
-M

No comments: