Sunday, September 11, 2005

Saul Williams

Yesterday, I went to the Power to the Peaceful festival in San Francisco. I hadn't been in SF for over a month and then to go when there were all those people around me high and drinking and stinking like BO and patchouli oil.....well it wasn't the ideal experience. But whatever I was walking around people watching most of the time anyway.
My buddy had backstage passes so that's where I was when I met Saul.
What a great experience. I shared some work with him and the other brothers that were there and it was only after Saul and this brother Selassie went, that I realized how monotonal and unexciting I sound. I need to find someone to help me step it up. If I want to move to the next level as a performer.
As a writer, he really is one of my models right now. In any case, Ima send him some writing and hope that he sends me some input back.
I am really encouraged about my writing, I am finding a lot of good material to edit and Im writing some new stuff too.
Is anyone reading this? Let me know.
Peace to the Peaceful

No comments: