Monday, September 19, 2005

Update

I haven't seen Laila for more than two weeks. I probably could have seen her on Sunday, for the day, but it just didn't work out. I have to take Laila shopping, it's getting cold out here. I gotta send Aaron some stuff too.

new poems

Faith
1.
He flung his black body
out into space
hoping that someone
who had a vested interest in his survival
would catch him
2.
She picked up the phone, crying
hoping that hope and help
would answer.
And not for the first or last time
She told them
How she was afraid
and how he had hit her
And not for the first or last time
They begged her to leave
before she got kilt.

Black Superman
S is for Superman
Black Superman like
my daddy who say
"the Poor cannot afford to be sick"
and
"Boy if you had a brain you'd be dangerous"
But I am already dangerous
I am a Black Superman too.

Sing
Sing your soul angel songs
to the midnite Lords of sky and earth
Sea and Space
Their battle dance
sends shivers down my spine
here
I see only the costs of bloodshed and war
Where before I saw peace and prosperity
there have been many battles here

No comments: