Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Closer to my dreams

One of the things I promised my Aunt Mary I would do with my life is that I would pursue my writing. I am almost finished, I can taste it. I have enough material, text anyway to publish my book right now, but I want it to be the best it can be for all the resources I have at hand. Which means that I have to use that hustle muscle I was talking about earlier.
I just spent a few hours pulling stuff together. I have 125 solid poems and 20 essays (they need to be polished). I am almost there, family.
It means a lot to me to get this out there to the people. It's just all in my head right now, but I can't tell you how weird it is to see my work that I have everywhere, in binders, notebooks, napkins, etc. all collected into anything cohesive. I just started advertising for graphic artists and book designers to find someone who can help me make this thing really pop. Once I get this off the ground, I am going to pour this energy into my non profit. IABWA. Monday the 13th is my 36th birthday. Damn. I am growing up so fast, I'm getting dizzy. About damn time.

Power 2 the Peaceful
M

No comments: