Monday, March 27, 2006

Faith

is the sustaining element in my life. I think sometimes about how hard life is, how unfair, but less and less I dwell on that. Life is Hard, that's all there is to it. There is suffering in life, and it is not that we suffer, we all suffer. I think the test is how we handle our suffering that measures us.

I had an interesting discussion with an older friend of mine recently and he basically said that there are people who just need to accept that others are going to dump their own shit on us, their anxieties, anger, whatever. He says that part of being a man is learning to accept that sometimes we need to be on the receiving end of all that bullshit and just learn to let it end with us. At first, I didn't want to hear it, but the more I thought about it, the more sense it makes.

We all deserve happiness, each and every single one of us deserves to be happy contented fulfilled human beings.

No comments: