Friday, June 16, 2006

Dissonance

just real quick..I know that I have written here before about my mantra "I Am Because We Are", basically, the individuals state is directly related to the state of the community in which that individual is located, and vice versa. For example, I can not be healthy if my community is unhealthy. If my community is wealthy then I, too am wealthy.
I am involved in an effort by the community of East Palo Alto to reclaim our youth. One of the initiatives is to employ our young people, and to that end, we have found jobs for over one hundred youths this summer! It's an amazing thing, really. I have to tell you that I am a little scared. Most of these kids have never worked and have no real idea what it is to work.
OK...I started this over a week ago and never finished it. The project is going fine. Of course there are issues, but we haven't had any major blowouts and the kids for the most part are amazing.
God is good.

No comments: