Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2moro is not promised




Mpozi died. He was one of my childhood friends. We weren't super close, I emailed him recently, and he never emailed me back, I don't think he even remembered me. He lived down the street from my cousins. We were about the same age, but even we were little kids, Mpozi was beyond us. He was one of those kids who was just "good." never got in trouble, never started any mess. He was real sensitive too, I remember he had big ole glasses and when he got teased, he would just say something like "I need them to see" and look at the person like "why would you tease me about that?" Everyone liked Mpozi, and everyone seemed to know him. He was a good brother. Ima miss him alot, even though I haven't seen him or talked to him in years. I've been following his career and I tell you, he was a genius in everything he did.

His dad, I remember was really into being conscious. He has a brother named Paul Robeson. Mpozi was a brilliant photographer, and I mean brilliant. His photos captured a lot more than what he was aiming at or what came out on the paper. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
info
Live on in the stars Mpozi. Live on.

No comments: