Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wow

I was in a car accident last night. My vehicle is hurt. The Bloo Meany sustained injuries last night at approximately 8pm in a 5 car pile up on the San Mateo Bridge. Apparently, one car stalled on the bridge, but he had very dim hazards. The second car came to an abrupt stop behind that first car, a truck hit that second car, a Benz hit the truck and then I couldn't avoid the Benz, who had swerved into the second lane to avoid the truck.

I am so happy to be alive. The guy in the truck, Mike went to the hospital. My cousin came and got me, and I went home, grateful and really happy to be alive. You know, it's funny. Yesterday I asked for a humbling experience, and something that would reconnect me to my purpose, clarify my path. Then last night, I got into a car accident. It's funny how you get what you pray for.

So, I am blessed to be alive. I walked to work today across my expensive ass hometown, and it was great. At the end of my block, there is an entrance to a wetlands trail that extends the length of my end of East Palo Alto. This morning, I walked and thought about how nice it was to be in the sunshine, breathing, using both of my legs and experiencing everything associated with being alive. I just feel good.

I picked a delicious orange from one of my neighbors' trees, just like I used to when I was a kid. I saw these dudes on the sidewalk talkin', and in EPA 99% of the time, it's cool. But I don't know everybody and saw the potential for somethign to go bad is always there. In any case, I walked past these dudes, "wahssup? ing" them as I passed through their circle. After I got a few feet away one of the cats says "You cut off all your dreads huh?" "Yeah, a while ago" "We know who you are, brother. We recognize you." I was pretty moved. I always tell people, I feel like I have a pass in EPA not because of who or what I know. It is who knows me that allows me to walk with the grace that I feel. I think that people know and respect that I am really here working for the youth, and that I love "The Town."

I had some other really good discussions too. I am trying to stay here in East Palo, but rents here are outrageous. On the one hand, I really want some distance betwen my job and the place where I live, but on the other hand I love being here, because it is my home and I love it. I know it and I feel like this town knows me. It has seen me grow up and I owe a lot to this community. I don't want to move away. I'd love to buy a house here, but I can't afford it. Anyone reading this know about a house for sale in EPA? Let me know. I'd be very good to it.
All Power to the People
Live and Grow
-M

I don't want to be a source of anything bad or negative in anyones' life and I know that I have been, that I may be right now. There's not much I can say, that I haven't already said, but there is a whole I absolutley will do. Thank you very much for your patience with me up to this point.

No comments: